What are resistance swimming pools?
Resistance swimming pools (also known as training swimming pools or exercise pools) offer a convenient, efficient, cost-effective training solution for any swimmer looking to improve their technique and performance.
A propulsion system works in tandem with a motor to produce a current for the user to swim against, emulating the experience of swimming against a river current whilst in the safety of a swimming pool.
As the swimmer stays in more or less the same position as they swim against the power of the current, the swimming pool doesn’t have to be as large as a typical pool used for swimming lengths.
Propulsion systems can be bought separately and fitted into pre-existing swimming pools. Alternatively, resistance swimming pools can be bought wholesale, including an above or below-ground shell and all other accessories required.
Training swimming pools
Ultraswim Pool System
- A complete exercise pool kit for DIY or professional installation.
- Comprising of a galvanised steel modular panel system featuring either the Ultraflow propulsion counter current unit or any other type swimjet system.
- An ideal training swimming pool for the garden.
- The UltraSwim pool shell can be erected within one day.
Find out more about the Ultraswim Pool System.
Tilestone Trainer Pools
- Designed for the keen keep-fit enthusiast.
- The trainer pool is available in compact sizes for smaller environments.
- Just choose your pool size and add the desired swim jet.
- Visually appealing, as well as practical.
Find out more about Tilestone Trainer Pools.
City Pre-Plumbed All-In-One Ultra-Floor System
- Combines the beauty and strength of the Tilestone pool with ‘Ultraflow’ technology.
- Variable speed delivering up to 400 cubic metres of water per hour (normal 3hp swim jets produce 45cbm/phr).
- Supplied in one standard size, with a choice of five different mosaic tile patterns.
- Comes complete with factory-fitted filtration and electrical equipment.
Find out more about the City Pre-Plumbed All-In-One Ultra-Floor System.
Resistance swimming systems
Twin Super Swim Jet
- Incorporating one or two nozzle designs.
- All jets have an in-built pneumatic on/off button, suction grille, and curved handlebar.
- Suitable for concrete pools, GRP, or fiberglass pools.
- Includes one or three-phase Pump Motor, GRP Box Housing & Lid, Electric Control and Plumbing Valves
- Can be supplied as complete kits with GRP housing or bought as individual jets.
Find out more about the Twin Super Swim Jet.
Ultraflow Flush Mounted Propulsion System
- Produces a 24V controlled, realistic river-smooth-like current.
- Variable speeds deliver up to 400 cubic metres of water per hour (normal 3hp swim jets produce 45cbm/phr).
- Supplied with universal fittings and an attractive stainless steel grille enabling a flush-fitting installation.
- Can be installed in Concrete or Liner pool constructions.
Find out more about the Ultraflow Flush Mounted Propulsion System.
Resistance swimming pool costs
A resistance swimming pool can cost as little as £17,175 (excluding VAT). This price would cover the cost of an UltraSwim pool measuring 4.86m x 2.13m x 1.22m, as well as the pumps, filters, and fittings required for it to function.
Remember that the price of your training pool can increase when adding on extras such as a higher-end propulsion system, like the Ultraflow Propulsion Swim System – £7,235 excluding VAT.
Ultimately, the cost of buying a resistance swimming pool depends on a number of factors including:
- the size of the swimming pool that you wish to install
- the model of propulsion system that you opt for
- any additions such as heating systems, automatic covers or coping
- the price you pay for installation and fitting
- ongoing running costs of the swimming pool, depending on use
Get In Touch Today
Send us a message using the form below to find out more about our training pool options, or arrange a visit to our showroom to try one for yourself.